I Cleaned My Closet And Made $1600 on Poshmark
I love to shop. There I said it. The first step to resolving any problem is admitting you have one. Although purging is usually a associated with spring, I have spent the first half of winter decluttering my space starting with my closet(s). My first round of purging was filling garbage bags with stuff to be donated to foundations that would pick up from my front door. Essentially there was no real rhyme or reason, if it didn’t fit, or hadn’t been worn in awhile I tossed it.
The second round wasn’t quite as easy as I clearly had an emotional attachment to some of my clothes. My pieces that were good quality, or name brand were harder to stuff into bags and sit on the porch. I had downloaded the Poshmark app over 2 years ago and decided that could be a way to get rid of my “nicer” items. When one of my friends said that she knew someone who had completely remodeled their bathroom based on Poshmark funds, I seriously began to figure out my own inventory.
I immediately got sucked into posting items for sale after a pair of Michael Kors shoes that had just been sitting in my closet sold within 10 minutes! Needless to say after that first sale I was hooked.
Poshmark offers a great community of other sellers who are willing to help you be successful. Here are a few of the things I’ve found to be helpful in making sales:
1. Sharing is caring- just like with other social media sites it’s important to remain engaged. Share items of other users, especially when they share items from your closet.
2. Take good clear pictures and write detailed descriptions of the items you’re selling. This seems like a no-brainer but it’s worth mentioning.
3. You are your brand! Your closet is your Poshmark brand and great customer service goes a long way on Posh. Promptly answer potential buyers questions, manage expectations around delivery times
4. Use your Poshmark coin to add items to your own personal wardrobe. Out with the old, in with the new has been my personal mantra on Posh. I’ve found some great items at a steak on Posh! One of my favorite purchases was an Eloquii tulle skirt that had been sold out forever on the site
5. Don’t be discouraged. I was fortunate enough to make my first sale within minutes, however I know this is not the case for everyone.
visit my closet! https://bnc.lt/focc/JqnNVvMSiK